DOO-WOP/OLDIES FORUM - Welcome
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 02:17:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION:
NO COMMERCIAL SITES OR LINKS TO COMMERCIAL SITES ALLOWED ON THIS FORUM. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SELL,
ie, CLOTHES, RECORDS, FURNTURE, ETC. DON'T DO IT HERE. THE URL WILL BE DELETED...  Mike Paladino
75137 Posts in 6941 Topics by 192 Members
Latest Member: doowopbob
* Home Help Login Register
+  DOO-WOP/OLDIES FORUM - Welcome
|-+  OT - OFF TOPIC TOPICS :-)
| |-+  Off Topic Stuff
| | |-+  OK , here it is
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OK , here it is  (Read 1175 times)
DJ Big Jack
Administrator

BOO !

« on: February 05, 2017, 09:45:18 AM »

You asked, Mike said OK,  so here's your place for stuff that isn't doo-wop related. 

Jack

Mike Paladino
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 10:09:06 AM »

You asked, Mike said OK,  so here's your place for stuff that isn't doo-wop related. 

Jack
AND make sure it stays here. Period. I am NOT happy about moving this board or straying this board away from it's original way it was started.
JoeC

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 10:17:59 AM »

Mike, Guess I should have thanked you above all. Part of my ignorance I guess about who runs things, who administers things, etc.  Anyway, my apologies and understand the guidelines.
Mike Paladino
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 10:30:16 AM »

Mike, Guess I should have thanked you above all. Part of my ignorance I guess about who runs things, who administers things, etc.  Anyway, my apologies and understand the guidelines.
Not a problem....as long as OFF-TOPIC threads stay here.
Robb_K

Hopeless Nostalgist

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 01:08:15 PM »

Maybe we "offenders" can delete all our individual posts from our baseball and hockey discussions, and copy and transfer them to a baseball thread and a hockey thread in this OT section?  Should I start a baseball and hockey thread here, inviting members to remove their previous sports posts from the VGH threads, and place them here?

Robb_K

Hopeless Nostalgist

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 01:13:55 PM »

And shouldn't this Off Topic section sit at the bottom of the different sub-forums, as ALL the others really are On Topic?  Doesn't having it 2nd make it look too important?  Shouldn't it be an afterthought, just there to keep the On Topiv areas clean?   Having it near the top makes it look like this is a forum for VGH AND anything else we want to talk about.  I think it might "invite" more OT posts by having it so high.

JoeC

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 01:50:38 PM »

I have things to do today but ... I plan to write a SHORT introductory bio on myself (something I'd suggested before, and an idea Robb seconded in his suggestion for a forum like this).

It may end up being the only one posted here, but I plan to put my money where my mouth was on this aspect.  Personally, I think it might add a lot of new insight to posts and posters.
JoeC

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 01:58:28 PM »

And shouldn't this Off Topic section sit at the bottom of the different sub-forums, as ALL the others really are On Topic?  Doesn't having it 2nd make it look too important?  Shouldn't it be an afterthought, just there to keep the On Topiv areas clean?   Having it near the top makes it look like this is a forum for VGH AND anything else we want to talk about.  I think it might "invite" more OT posts by having it so high.

Disagree, Robb. This forum may end up dying on the vine for lack of topics. I suggest the placement (2nd) is appropriate to give it a chance. If it proves an unworthy venture, its' placement won't matter.

Also, look at the dates on the last posts on those other forum topics. They are months to years old!! Sorta shows how often they are ever looked at.
Mike Paladino
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 03:52:12 PM »

Maybe we "offenders" can delete all our individual posts from our baseball and hockey discussions, and copy and transfer them to a baseball thread and a hockey thread in this OT section?  Should I start a baseball and hockey thread here, inviting members to remove their previous sports posts from the VGH threads, and place them here?

That is a GREAT idea!!!
Mike Paladino
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 04:35:20 PM »

Correct ALL OT posts belong in this category. If not, can some one explain to the board what sports or anything else has to do with  DOO-WOP and Oldies music.
I created this board years and years ago for music aficionados in the DOO-WOP or Oldies genre. If anyone wants to capitalize in sports or any other subject, that is fine but I suggest you find that board and leave here.
JoeC

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 04:48:00 PM »

Mike, who's disagreeing with you?
Mike Paladino
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 05:03:12 PM »

I am not going to mention members, but I don't want this board to turn into anything else BUT the genre it was created for.
jp05

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 05:05:27 PM »

Mike, I totally agree with you. I am part of the OT thread regarding Hockey and now Baseball and for that I apologize. This forum is one where topics can move off the original topic. In the future, I'll post "See my reply in OT" and continue the discussion there.

And it is very nice to hear from you again!

Jan (JP05)
doctordoowop

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 05:09:38 PM »

I agree--

Thanx  to all
JoeC

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2017, 07:04:02 PM »

I am not going to mention members, but I don't want this board to turn into anything else BUT the genre it was created for.

I meant AFTER you laid down the law while providing this forum. I wouldn't think there is anyone not on board with what you've said.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: