DOO-WOP/OLDIES FORUM - Welcome
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 11:19:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION:
NO COMMERCIAL SITES OR LINKS TO COMMERCIAL SITES ALLOWED ON THIS FORUM. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SELL,
ie, CLOTHES, RECORDS, FURNTURE, ETC. DON'T DO IT HERE. THE URL WILL BE DELETED...  Mike Paladino
75103 Posts in 6940 Topics by 192 Members
Latest Member: doowopbob
* Home Help Login Register
+  DOO-WOP/OLDIES FORUM - Welcome
|-+  OT - OFF TOPIC TOPICS :-)
| |-+  Off Topic Stuff
| | |-+  Need Help! New 3rd Party Image Hoster - Can't Get Image into Signature
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need Help! New 3rd Party Image Hoster - Can't Get Image into Signature  (Read 527 times)
Robb_K

Hopeless Nostalgist

« on: July 31, 2017, 08:11:04 AM »

Hi y'all.  I need help!  I have a new 3rd Party Image Hoster - But, I can't seem to get the new photo image into my Signature.

I put the URL in between the IMG designations, but nothing shows up.  At least the warning from Photobucket is now removed.

Can anyone help guide me through the process?

Robb

DJ Big Jack
Administrator

BOO !

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 10:29:59 PM »

go to PROFILE  (in the row above where it says  "HOME  HELP, SEARCH , etc)  ,  and then under Modify Profile (on the left),  select Forum Profile information.   Select   "I have my own pic" and put the photo URL in the box .  and add any "Personal Text' you'd like also.

doctordoowop

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 11:49:03 PM »

Is y' all  a Dutch expression? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Robb_K

Hopeless Nostalgist

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 04:22:56 AM »

Is y' all  a Dutch expression? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Maybe for the southern Dutch (from Zeeland, Noord Brabant or Mississippi)!    Or the Ghetto children from the Surinaamse and Molukkan neighbourhoods in Den Haag, Rotterdam and Amsterdam???    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Robb_K

Hopeless Nostalgist

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 04:24:26 AM »

go to PROFILE  (in the row above where it says  "HOME  HELP, SEARCH , etc)  ,  and then under Modify Profile (on the left),  select Forum Profile information.   Select   "I have my own pic" and put the photo URL in the box .  and add any "Personal Text' you'd like also.

Thanks, Jack!

Robb_K

Hopeless Nostalgist

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 05:15:00 AM »

I did all you told me to do.  But after selecting "change Forum Profile information", I DON'T get an "I have my own pic" link button to choose it.  I placed the URL address of my 3rd Party sharing website page with my photo in the box, both in between , and in the box, alone, without the IMG designations.  And NEITHER attempt worked.  Could it be that you de-activated my ability to place a photo in my signature when you erased my non-allowed-to-be-shown photo message from Photobucket?

DJ Big Jack
Administrator

BOO !

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 09:59:44 AM »

I didn't deactivate that "Photobucket" thing ...  so that wasn't me.

In the Forum Profile Information (under Modify Profile), you should see a big "PROFILE" box with selections   "Personalized Picture", "I have my own pic", "I will upload my own picture", and then "Personal Text". .. If you're not seeing that, Mike may have set up the forum so that only moderators can do this.  I'm not sure.    

If you can't get it to work,  what is the URL for your picture?  I'll try to put it in

Also, I looked at your attempt to add an img in your signature . the URL that you used was invalid . it wasn't a photo.  You might want to try that again, also.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 10:14:46 AM by DJ Big Jack » Logged

Robb_K

Hopeless Nostalgist

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 10:42:40 AM »

I didn't deactivate that "Photobucket" thing ...  so that wasn't me.

In the Forum Profile Information (under Modify Profile), you should see a big "PROFILE" box with selections   "Personalized Picture", "I have my own pic", "I will upload my own picture", and then "Personal Text". .. If you're not seeing that, Mike may have set up the forum so that only moderators can do this.  I'm not sure.    

If you can't get it to work,  what is the URL for your picture?  I'll try to put it in

Also, I looked at your attempt to add an img in your signature . the URL that you used was invalid . it wasn't a photo.  You might want to try that again, also.
When I click on "Profile" I go to my personal profile page.  There is a column on the left which has "modify profile".  When I click on that, I go to my profile entries (with boxes for typing in information.  I DO NOT see any of the following:  "Personalized Picture", "I have my own pic",[/b] "I will upload my own picture".

So maybe that is only for moderators.  I guess I could be able to upload my photo if I could find the page on the 3rd party hosting site that allows my photo to be accessed.  In both Photobucket and Imageshack, I just clicked on my uploaded image in my album or gallery, and a new page came up with a set of hosting codes to use for hosting for various types of websites.  But, that doesn't seem to work from the images stored in my "album" on my new 3rd party hosting website at imgBB.

Robb_K

Hopeless Nostalgist

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 10:52:28 AM »

OKAY!  I'm back, Baby!!!  YAHOOOO!  The old man conquers the new technology (for a change!!!)!!!

DJ Big Jack
Administrator

BOO !

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 04:29:43 PM »

There !  two for the price of one !

Robb_K

Hopeless Nostalgist

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 05:54:56 AM »

OOOOOOOEPS!!!!  Something's wrong!!!  I already have my personal photo from about 5 years ago as my AVATAR!  We don't need to see TWO of me!  Many of you are probably sick of seeing ONE of those on all my posts.  Can anyone tell me what photo I used to have in my signature?  I'd like to re-post it.  For now, I'll post of photo of me taken 30 years ago, when I was still reasonably young, and still had most of my wits!  Cheesy

OUCH!  I can still remember the terrible pain from that accident I had with the giant stapler!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 05:58:59 AM by Robb_K » Logged

DJ Big Jack
Administrator

BOO !

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2017, 06:57:26 AM »

Rob, an avatar photo (small on the left under your name) and a Signature photo (appears under each of your post) is fine .. in fact, it's interesting to see the difference that the years have made !     Cheesy

Robb_K

Hopeless Nostalgist

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 07:20:30 AM »

Rob, an avatar photo (small on the left under your name) and a Signature photo (appears under each of your post) is fine .. in fact, it's interesting to see the difference that the years have made !     Cheesy

Thanks.  But I was hoping someone would remember what I used to have in my Signature.  I was hoping it was something very clever and interesting - or, perhaps pertinent to VGH???

Shandy

Manhattan Lifer, Chelsea

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2017, 11:21:46 AM »

Robb - You didn't have a photo in your signature at all, just the avatar one that I noticed when I first joined.  I wanted to put mine, I have a recent one, but I don't know how.

"The small man builds prisons for everyone he meets, but the wise woman ducks under the moon and tosses keys to the beautiful and rowdy prisoners."  Hafiz

"From childhood's hour I have not been as other were - have not seen as others saw - I could not drink(sic) my passions from a common stream.
DJ Big Jack
Administrator

BOO !

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2017, 12:09:33 PM »

Shandy . is it online somewhere ?  Give me the URL.

Robb_K

Hopeless Nostalgist

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2017, 12:46:54 PM »

Robb - You didn't have a photo in your signature at all, just the avatar one that I noticed when I first joined.  I wanted to put mine, I have a recent one, but I don't know how.
I think I had some kind of graphic in my Signature because my 3rd Party Hosting Website stopped showing it because that's a service they no longer provide for free.  If I didn't have some form of graphics, and it was only text, I wouldn't have had it hosted by a website.  I'd have just typed it into my Signature Box.  I wish I could remember whjat it was.  Could it have been a scan of a record label (Parrot?, Chance?, Theron?, VJ?, Checker?)

Shandy

Manhattan Lifer, Chelsea

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2017, 02:58:48 PM »

I've been trying to remember, too, but nothing comes to mind. A picture of a label scan or photo would have stood out, but I may be wrong.  Must have been distracted by that handsome face Smiley

"The small man builds prisons for everyone he meets, but the wise woman ducks under the moon and tosses keys to the beautiful and rowdy prisoners."  Hafiz

"From childhood's hour I have not been as other were - have not seen as others saw - I could not drink(sic) my passions from a common stream.
Robb_K

Hopeless Nostalgist

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 03:33:35 PM »

I've been trying to remember, too, but nothing comes to mind. A picture of a label scan or photo would have stood out, but I may be wrong.  Must have been distracted by that handsome face Smiley

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Maybe "distinguished-looking is a better description.  

Like good old Red Green (another bearded, mustachioed, gray-haired Canadian, who, like myself, always wears jeans and plaid wool long-sleeved shirts, tries to fix everything with duct tape, and whose favourite saying is "Keep your stick on the ice!".

Here's that guy who tries to steal my identity:

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 10:32:28 AM by Robb_K » Logged

Shandy

Manhattan Lifer, Chelsea

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 04:49:57 PM »

Ouch!  LOL

Shandy

Manhattan Lifer, Chelsea

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2017, 05:24:13 PM »

Jack - I followed the steps you mentioned in Reply #1 but I don't see "I have my own picture."  anywhere.  I'd like to put it to the left, not in the signature.

DJ Big Jack
Administrator

BOO !

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2017, 08:23:36 PM »

Shandy, give me the URL please.

Shandy

Manhattan Lifer, Chelsea

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2017, 09:45:20 PM »

Jack - I sent you an e-mail with a jpg.  I hope you can do something with it.....something printable, lol.

DJ Big Jack
Administrator

BOO !

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2017, 10:39:24 PM »

nope . we can't upload a photo to Mikes server .. the photo has to already be on the Internet somewhere .. sorry   Sad

Shandy

Manhattan Lifer, Chelsea

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2017, 11:01:26 PM »

Jack - Sent you a different photo from FB.  It was taken this past Thanksgiving at 3am in front of the former Jubilee building.  Hope it works, I'm not at all good with photos.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: