DOO-WOP/OLDIES FORUM - Welcome
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 11:32:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION:
NO COMMERCIAL SITES OR LINKS TO COMMERCIAL SITES ALLOWED ON THIS FORUM. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SELL,
ie, CLOTHES, RECORDS, FURNTURE, ETC. DON'T DO IT HERE. THE URL WILL BE DELETED...  Mike Paladino
75103 Posts in 6940 Topics by 192 Members
Latest Member: doowopbob
* Home Help Login Register
+  DOO-WOP/OLDIES FORUM - Welcome
|-+  OT - OFF TOPIC TOPICS :-)
| |-+  Off Topic Stuff
| | |-+  Whatever Happened to Editors?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whatever Happened to Editors?  (Read 114 times)
bklynmike101

« on: October 21, 2017, 01:22:33 PM »

Approximating from an LA Times article on a homeless man who almost daily plays on the "public" piano at Union Station:

'Hearing the song come on over the loudspeaker system, he pointed out that it was sung by Chubby Checker. The writer added - a classic example from Motown.

Say what? Shocked 
doctordoowop

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 02:34:23 PM »

mike--do you  really  think  any  28 yr old editor  ever  heard  of  Cameo-Parkway?

Seriously,doubt  many  current editors  of  "feature pieces" could  name  any  Motown acts.  Remember--the average guy never cared about labels--and  forget

50  yrs ago. Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

The excuse I hear all  the time is"  I wasn't even born then."
Shandy

Manhattan Lifer, Chelsea

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 02:49:41 PM »

Happens ALL the time.  If you let it, it will drive you crazy.  Not helped but shoddy "research" sources on the internet.  You can be young and still get your facts straight, but that's too hard for them.

"The small man builds prisons for everyone he meets, but the wise woman ducks under the moon and tosses keys to the beautiful and rowdy prisoners."  Hafiz

"From childhood's hour I have not been as other were - have not seen as others saw - I could not drink(sic) my passions from a common stream.
JoeShack

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 04:05:07 PM »

Shandy,

Doesn't the Cameo Parkway merge with the Cross Bronx Expressway? LOL
Robb_K

Hopeless Nostalgist

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 05:14:57 PM »

mike--do you  really  think  any  28 yr old editor  ever  heard  of  Cameo-Parkway?

Seriously,doubt  many  current editors  of  "feature pieces" could  name  any  Motown acts.  Remember--the average guy never cared about labels--and  forget

50  yrs ago. Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

The excuse I hear all  the time is"  I wasn't even born then."
To the general public, the word "Motown" often is a synonym for "Soul".

Shandy

Manhattan Lifer, Chelsea

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 05:50:48 PM »

Joe - Sir, you are astute!  Something only us insiders know Grin

"The small man builds prisons for everyone he meets, but the wise woman ducks under the moon and tosses keys to the beautiful and rowdy prisoners."  Hafiz

"From childhood's hour I have not been as other were - have not seen as others saw - I could not drink(sic) my passions from a common stream.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: