DOO-WOP/OLDIES FORUM - Welcome
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 25, 2018, 01:02:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION:
NO COMMERCIAL SITES OR LINKS TO COMMERCIAL SITES ALLOWED ON THIS FORUM. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SELL,
ie, CLOTHES, RECORDS, FURNTURE, ETC. DON'T DO IT HERE. THE URL WILL BE DELETED...  Mike Paladino
76534 Posts in 6993 Topics by 192 Members
Latest Member: doowopbob
* Home Help Login Register
+  DOO-WOP/OLDIES FORUM - Welcome
|-+  OT - OFF TOPIC TOPICS :-)
| |-+  Off Topic Stuff
| | |-+  Billy Vera Documentary Trailer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Billy Vera Documentary Trailer  (Read 126 times)
Shandy

Manhattan Lifer, Chelsea

« on: January 28, 2018, 03:54:52 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUFvI45rKiw&feature=youtu.be

"The small man builds prisons for everyone he meets, but the wise woman ducks under the moon and tosses keys to the beautiful and rowdy prisoners."  Hafiz

"From childhood's hour I have not been as other were - have not seen as others saw - I could not drink(sic) my passions from a common stream.
doowopbob

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 10:45:49 PM »

THANK YOU FOR POSTING Shandy!!! I've always been a Billy Vera fan, especially his duets with Judy Clay, of which I only have two.  He's been a driving force in the business for years.

Music is great to dance with my mate.  We lurk and yodel if we stay up too late. So bring on the Doo Wop so I can dance and lurk while yodeling with my mate.
Shandy

Manhattan Lifer, Chelsea

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 11:17:10 PM »

My pleasure, Bob.  I'm glad you're a fan because he's really a great guy in addition to his gifts.  I know him through Wayne Stierle, they've been friends for decades.  Someone here has an old grudge against him, lol, I don't think he'll be going to see the movie Grin

"The small man builds prisons for everyone he meets, but the wise woman ducks under the moon and tosses keys to the beautiful and rowdy prisoners."  Hafiz

"From childhood's hour I have not been as other were - have not seen as others saw - I could not drink(sic) my passions from a common stream.
JoeC

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 09:47:22 AM »

THANK YOU FOR POSTING Shandy!!! I've always been a Billy Vera fan, especially his duets with Judy Clay, of which I only have two.  He's been a driving force in the business for years.

My thanks too. Hard to believe that Vera & Clay was the FIRST mixed race duet. Of course, that was discounting the earlier generation where Sinatra recorded with Ella, Satchmo, Billie, etc.
doctordoowop

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 01:50:29 PM »

Correct  that  grudge guy is me. Grin Grin Grin Grin
Shandy

Manhattan Lifer, Chelsea

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 02:41:39 PM »

doc - I didn't want to throw your name around and I don't think anyone but me remembered your story.  I could be wrong.

doctordoowop

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 06:18:06 PM »

Its  over now--no grudge--just call it  an angry memory. Grin Grin Grin
Shandy

Manhattan Lifer, Chelsea

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 06:54:42 PM »

Got it!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: