DOO-WOP/OLDIES FORUM - Welcome
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2018, 01:26:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION:
NO COMMERCIAL SITES OR LINKS TO COMMERCIAL SITES ALLOWED ON THIS FORUM. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SELL,
ie, CLOTHES, RECORDS, FURNTURE, ETC. DON'T DO IT HERE. THE URL WILL BE DELETED...  Mike Paladino
77473 Posts in 7022 Topics by 192 Members
Latest Member: doowopbob
* Home Help Login Register
+  DOO-WOP/OLDIES FORUM - Welcome
|-+  OT - OFF TOPIC TOPICS :-)
| |-+  Off Topic Stuff
| | |-+  VENTURES' LEAD GUITARIST DIES
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VENTURES' LEAD GUITARIST DIES  (Read 235 times)
dead dog

Looking for The Echo

« on: March 22, 2018, 06:17:29 PM »

Nokie Edwards dead at 82. Who did " Walk Don't Run" and "Hawai Five-O"

http://enewspaper.latimes.com/desktop/latimes/default.aspx?pubid=50435180-e58e-48b5-8e0c-236bf740270e

"Enjoy life to the fullest, as you never know when you will be asked to leave"
Shandy

Manhattan Lifer, Chelsea

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 06:29:00 PM »

Bill - This topic, started by irdtpo in the other section, has already been talked to death, NPI Wink

"The small man builds prisons for everyone he meets, but the wise woman ducks under the moon and tosses keys to the beautiful and rowdy prisoners."  Hafiz

"Intelligence is a lot less powerful when everyone knows you have it."  Unknown
dead dog

Looking for The Echo

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 06:37:40 PM »

Bill - This topic, started by irdtpo in the other section, has already been talked to death, NPI Wink

Ok, sorry, didn't see it. Will take care of this real quick.

dead dog

Looking for The Echo

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 06:40:48 PM »

Ok, sorry, didn't see it. Will take care of this real quick.

I just canceled my subscription to the LA Times, so will not happen again. Grin  Grin  Grin

Shandy

Manhattan Lifer, Chelsea

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 08:20:05 PM »

Bill - Did you see it and all the ink it got?  I like other genres besides R&B and Doo-Wop, but sometimes I wonder, "Who are these people I'm hanging with?"  LOL

"The small man builds prisons for everyone he meets, but the wise woman ducks under the moon and tosses keys to the beautiful and rowdy prisoners."  Hafiz

Robb_K

Hopeless Nostalgist

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 08:40:44 PM »

I find it difficult to believe they still print newspapers on paper in Los Angeles.

dead dog

Looking for The Echo

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 09:46:31 PM »

I find it difficult to believe they still print newspapers on paper in Los Angeles.

Yes, we still have paper newsprint in LA. It's still the 20th century here.

Shandy

Manhattan Lifer, Chelsea

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 06:55:32 AM »

We still have newspapers here, too, and what amazes me is some of them are now free, like The Village Voice, which is not a "sheet" paper.

JoeC

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 08:24:47 AM »

Bill - Did you see it and all the ink it got?  I like other genres besides R&B and Doo-Wop, but sometimes I wonder, "Who are these people I'm hanging with?"  LOL

Shandy, as I said, I wouldn't have posted this topic on either Board but ... it can't be lost on anyone that a not-insignificant percentage of new posts have to do with music people from the 50s and 60s dying. Must be something to do with our age group! Seriously, if he hadn't died, do you think there would ever be a post about The Ventures? I don't.

I think you'll keep seeing Obits on all manner of musical performers and TV/movie stars from our era who pass on. One of the traditions of this Forum that the beginning.
Shandy

Manhattan Lifer, Chelsea

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 02:03:15 PM »

Bill - We've been seeing obits on our favorites since we were young, so it stands to reason we'll keep seeing them till none are left Cry  I can think of at least two people who might bring up the Ventures unbidden, especially if the topic is about someone/something else Wink

dead dog

Looking for The Echo

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 04:01:00 PM »

Bill - We've been seeing obits on our favorites since we were young, so it stands to reason we'll keep seeing them till none are left Cry  I can think of at least two people who might bring up the Ventures unbidden, especially if the topic is about someone/something else Wink

Yeah, years ago I watched a forum or website that listed the obits of our groups and after a while, it got very depressing. Sad
Even now I don't like to look at the listings in ECHOES OF THE PAST magazine.

doctordoowop

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 05:32:42 PM »

The DWS  shirt with al  lour performers--  we put it out around 1998 or so.  Now looks like a list of deceased  R&B singers. Cry Cry Cry
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: