DOO-WOP/OLDIES FORUM - Welcome
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 16, 2018, 05:23:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION:
NO COMMERCIAL SITES OR LINKS TO COMMERCIAL SITES ALLOWED ON THIS FORUM. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SELL,
ie, CLOTHES, RECORDS, FURNTURE, ETC. DON'T DO IT HERE. THE URL WILL BE DELETED...  Mike Paladino
78210 Posts in 7058 Topics by 190 Members
Latest Member: doowopbob
* Home Help Login Register
+  DOO-WOP/OLDIES FORUM - Welcome
|-+  OT - OFF TOPIC TOPICS :-)
| |-+  Off Topic Stuff
| | |-+  What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been!  (Read 117 times)
Shandy
« on: July 14, 2018, 10:08:41 AM »

I know that all of us are interested in a variety of things besides our music and that's how it should be.  But since the OT section has been introduced, the music postings have gone down and have become too lightweight for my taste.   Seems what the vast majority of members are ardently into is baseball.  Have you seen the number of postings and views in such a short time?  So it's time for me to go after 8 1/2 years and I will, as soon as Jack/Dan tell me how that's done, or maybe they can just delete me.  I will miss many of you, too many to mention, but you know who you are and if you're on FB, give me a shout out under Shandy Hnetinka.  I can add you to three great music groups there.  Peace out Grin  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnBkVD1UF0I                      
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 10:13:57 AM by Shandy » Logged
Robb_K

Hopeless Nostalgist

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 11:27:02 AM »

Sorry to hear that you're leaving, Shandy.  That's not what this forum needs, as you're one of the very best posters.  I don't participate much in the Baseball thread, and I'd like more music postings.  But, I really don't think all the posts on the Off-Topic forum are stopping any of those posters from making music-related posts.  I think that posters here seem to be running out of things to say about the music.  There are a lot of new discoveries of unreleased recordings all the time, and also new packages in CDs of esoteric R&B music coming out from Ace/Kent (for whom I work), and several other oldies companies, which could be discussed, and music files shared, etc. - which should be a major focus on this forum.  But, that doesn't seem to be enough to make many posts here.  I guess after 10 years, many of us have already commented fully about what we like and don't like in group harmony songs, and which are our favourites.   

Anyway, I wished you'd stay.

Robb

Shandy
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 11:55:50 AM »

Robb - Truth be told, I've been hanging on for about a year and my arms are tired. LOL.  I've enjoyed your posts over all these years and just recently found out you have a sense of humor, too Grin  When I or others introduce a topic that would usually create a lot of activity in the past, it just lays there, while a beneath pedestrian level group like The Mystics gets dissected to death. Change is natural over time and I've seen it and went with it.  Now I'm seeing deterioration.

I wish you and your lady friend all the best, imaging you in the place of my heart and dreams, The Netherlands Kiss
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 12:07:22 PM by Shandy » Logged
Gino

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 12:15:14 PM »

Shandy -

DON'T GO!  You're needed here.

"Grease for Peace!!"
Gino
JoeC

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 12:21:01 PM »

Sorry to hear that you're leaving, Shandy.  That's not what this forum needs, as you're one of the very best posters.  I don't participate much in the Baseball thread, and I'd like more music postings.  But, I really don't think all the posts on the Off-Topic forum are stopping any of those posters from making music-related posts.  I think that posters here seem to be running out of things to say about the music. There are a lot of new discoveries of unreleased recordings all the time, and also new packages in CDs of esoteric R&B music coming out from Ace/Kent (for whom I work), and several other oldies companies, which could be discussed, and music files shared, etc. - which should be a major focus on this forum.  But, that doesn't seem to be enough to make many posts here. I guess after 10 years, many of us have already commented fully about what we like and don't like in group harmony songs, and which are our favourites.  

Anyway, I wished you'd stay.

Robb

You might not think it, but sorry to see u go as well. I think Robb hit the nail on the head with what I bolded from his attached post.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 12:23:46 PM by JoeC » Logged
doctordoowop

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 01:09:30 PM »

I  think  the  OT  threads  became  "busy"  BECAUSE  the  music posts  diminished in  frequency--sometimes a week would go by  w/o  a new music post.

The  OT threads  did not   affect the  music  threads--it s  the other way round.  Many of the OT  posters  still  contributed  "heavily"  to the  music topics-one didn't affect participation  in the other IMO.
bklynmike101

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 01:16:05 PM »

Shandy,

Don't do it! Your posts have kept this group alive!  Well, if you do go, I understand your point, but wish you'd stay.   
Shandy
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 01:42:21 PM »

Luigi - Ciao, bello.  You're one of mine and I hope you feel the same Kiss

joe/doc - I could care less what either of you think and why you think it.  You're both in defense mode with Joe as usual, using someone elses words to do so.  I'm not leaving because of either of you.  It's that members here, that know a lot more than you both put together from what I've seen, are in the same malaise that I'm in and are not giving what I know they have in abundance.

Mike - You're one of mine, too, and I hope you feel the same.  Wishing you nothing but the best Kiss
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 05:51:05 PM by Shandy » Logged
doowopbob

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 02:27:58 PM »

Shandy - I will be blunt THIS SUCKS!!!  Your knowledge and exposure to the business add so much to this group.  Luckily we are FB friends and I'm in a couple of the groups you're in. 

THANK YOU for all your support and for always being true to yourself.

Silence is golden
Shandy
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2018, 03:07:36 PM »

Bob - TY4 your kind words, always the gentleman and I don't take that for granted. Smiley  Remember when we exchanged our addiction stories here....you, alcohol, me opium?  Can't get more real than that.  We'll always stay connected through e-mail, FB and their music sites. so nothing will change between us.  TY4 being you Kiss
JoeShack

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 06:10:19 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iY2UpSz9Vs

Joe Shack
Shandy
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 06:56:54 PM »

Joe - That was very nice of you, TY.  You've always been a pleasure to run into all these years and I'll miss that.  I wish you the best of everything Kiss
doctordoowop

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2018, 10:57:09 PM »

Shandy-  I'm defensive about  nothing.   BTW,  it's  "I  couldN'T  care less."
Shandy
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 11:24:52 PM »

LOLOLOL Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  You're nothing if not predictable.  You and Tweedle-dee are defensive, but you win as nit picker Smiley
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 12:23:48 AM by Shandy » Logged
Shandy
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2018, 11:30:36 PM »

Jack/Dan - Who's minding the store?  Can't you please pull the plug on me, I can't do it myself.  Have mercy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLV4_xaYynY
doowopbob

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2018, 11:39:33 PM »

JoeShack - so appropriate

Shandy - I deleted myself once by mistake, I think you can do it on the profile page.

Silence is golden
Shandy
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2018, 12:25:56 AM »

TY Bob, I'll try that.  I was hoping to escape Tweedles Dum and Dee, but I wasn't fast enough Grin
Doowopjoe3

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2018, 08:32:51 AM »

I may be the oldest one on this [80] board, your knowledge of the music has always kept me with the desire to learn more and if I still lived in the Bronx I would say let me buy you a drink.
JoeC

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2018, 08:47:24 AM »

TY Bob, I'll try that.  I was hoping to escape Tweedles Dum and Dee, but I wasn't fast enough Grin

All I said was sorry to see you go and this is what I get in reply? Classy.
Robb_K

Hopeless Nostalgist

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2018, 12:09:21 PM »

Ha! HA!  I'm glad to see, Shandy, that you probably have the record for guest posts on a single thread.  Seems you're trying to ease our pain by leaving very slowly, in stages.   Cheesy

mr.dowop

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2018, 01:59:15 PM »

Profile Page>Left Side Bottom>Delete This Account...

mr.dowop
dead dog

Looking for The Echo

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2018, 05:45:20 PM »

I know that all of us are interested in a variety of things besides our music and that's how it should be.  But since the OT section has been introduced, the music postings have gone down and have become too lightweight for my taste.   Seems what the vast majority of members are ardently into is baseball.  Have you seen the number of postings and views in such a short time?  So it's time for me to go after 8 1/2 years and I will, as soon as Jack/Dan tell me how that's done, or maybe they can just delete me.  I will miss many of you, too many to mention, but you know who you are and if you're on FB, give me a shout out under Shandy Hnetinka.  I can add you to three great music groups there.  Peace out Grin  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnBkVD1UF0I                      

FUCK!, FUCK!, FUCK!, now I have to go and reopen my old facebook account, that I closed about a year ago.

How else am I going to harass you? Huh

You know you will be missed by more than two members here. Just when I thought I was getting next to you. Kiss
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 05:56:37 PM by dead dog » Logged

"Enjoy life to the fullest, as you never know when you will be asked to leave"
DJ Big Jack
Administrator

BOO !

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2018, 08:20:58 PM »

ok ...I normally keep quiet about most stuff , but I'm gonna miss Shandy .. a LOT

JoeC

« Reply #23 on: Today at 07:18:44 AM »

ok ...I normally keep quiet about most stuff , but I'm gonna miss Shandy .. a LOT

Haven't yet heard anyone say they wouldn't.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: