DOO-WOP/OLDIES FORUM - Welcome
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2019, 03:59:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION:
NO COMMERCIAL SITES OR LINKS TO COMMERCIAL SITES ALLOWED ON THIS FORUM. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SELL,
ie, CLOTHES, RECORDS, FURNTURE, ETC. DON'T DO IT HERE. THE URL WILL BE DELETED...  Mike Paladino
81067 Posts in 7321 Topics by 64 Members
Latest Member: doctordoowop
* Home Help Login Register
+  DOO-WOP/OLDIES FORUM - Welcome
|-+  OT - OFF TOPIC TOPICS :-)
| |-+  Off Topic Stuff
| | |-+  Tyler Skaggs RIP
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tyler Skaggs RIP  (Read 353 times)
doctordoowop

« on: July 03, 2019, 12:23:08 AM »

27  yr old  professsonal  athletes are   extraordinarily  PHYSICALLY  healthy.   Any  pre  existing  problem is absent. Skaggs  was the  1st draft pick  about 9 yrs ago.San Mon HS.   But his pro career  has  been under .500. 4-4 this yr.

Doubt drugs--not many causes  left.  Athletes  are extremely  resistent  to  psych  care--"a weakness."
Hope not  suicide--autopsy  will tell.
bklynmike101

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 12:38:52 AM »

Unlikely to be suicide based on his reported overall demeanor, recent marriage, and leadership in having the entire team don western garb heading into the Texas series. Of course, one never knows. My uneducated guess is some sort or rare and unexpected cardiovascular event. I still remember being taken aback as a teenager when I learned that the Knicks' Dave Stallworth had suffered a heart attack at age 27 when I thought only "old" people could get heart attacks.
JoeC

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 07:40:44 AM »

Sounds like suicide and foul play ARE ruled out. Why do tox screen results (or other pending results) take up to 90 days? My guess is we'll know something well before 3 months are up.

I recall a pitcher Steve Bechler (Orioles prospect) died from using herbal ephedra pills. Forgot the reason. Weight control? Anyway, people are into legal herbal "health" products these days. So, thought of that. Then, the Hank Gathers/Reggie Lewis deaths in young college/NBA athletes crossed my mind as well. But ... autopsy would have shown that right?

« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 09:46:58 AM by JoeC » Logged
bklynmike101

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 11:35:50 AM »

Brad Ausmus reminded us about his batterymate Darryl Kile, who did at age 33 in similar circumstances. Kile's autopsy revealed the cause of death to be your "standard" heart attack caused by a coronary blockage in his arteries. Unusual at that age but by no means unprecedented.  Just sad.
doctordoowop

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 02:16:37 PM »

But  recall  Kile  had detectable  cocaine as well.  

Joe--it can be  done  in a few  minutes--just  PR  BS.
The only  condition  --non detectable--until  autopsy is a "berry aneuysm"--blowout  ofbrain artery--cause  instant  death.  Those other guys had bad hearts/drugs  etc
JoeC

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 05:57:07 PM »

Doc, question re cause of death was a HUGE elephant in the room at yesterday's Angel's Press Conference with Moreno, Eppler and Ausmus. I can understand the concern for sensitivity in regards to the Skaggs family but you know those reporters were all dying to ask about the cause of Tyler's passing. Not one would go near the question though.

I recall the authorities saying when Michael Jackson died that it could be 90 days until a cause of death might be known. Within a week or so, we had the Propofol explanation.
doctordoowop

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 08:03:28 PM »

Joe  --bad  taste to ask. I was  surprised by  whole  team  conferance--a 1st for me.  He was very much liked/loved.  But  it is very hard to be the star of every team you have been on in your life to be reduced to a "mediocre pitcher." He also has had health problems including Tommy John surgery.
JoeC

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 05:42:49 PM »

Texas toxicology report shows death from an oxycodone/fentanyl overdose. Family looking for answers as to who supplied the drugs to Tyler. Sorry to hear this but who can be surprised in these times?
bklynmike101

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2019, 01:46:31 PM »

Sad but true.
doctordoowop

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2019, 10:10:12 PM »

Joe--I'm  correct again.    If not suicide,then  still  very self destructive. Tyler was  no  choir boy.
JoeC

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2019, 07:37:06 AM »

Joe--I'm  correct again.    If not suicide,then  still  very self destructive. Tyler was  no  choir boy.
Tyler's family seemed to indicate (in one sportscast I saw) that they think someone in the "Angels organization" might be the supplier. Of course, that could be the clubhouse guy, trainer, a player, etc." I doubt they ever find out. He also apparently mixed alcohol with the two opioids.
doctordoowop

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2019, 02:56:13 PM »

Lethal combo--BA  was .122!   

If by a  miracle  he had been found still  alive--definitly   a   5150---to  psych hospital  for  72 hr eval.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: