DOO-WOP/OLDIES FORUM - Welcome
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 04, 2021, 09:37:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION:
NO COMMERCIAL SITES OR LINKS TO COMMERCIAL SITES ALLOWED ON THIS FORUM. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SELL,
ie, CLOTHES, RECORDS, FURNTURE, ETC. DON'T DO IT HERE. THE URL WILL BE DELETED...  Mike Paladino
89635 Posts in 9815 Topics by 39 Members
Latest Member: doctordoowop
* Home Help Login Register
+  DOO-WOP/OLDIES FORUM - Welcome
|-+  OT - OFF TOPIC TOPICS :-)
| |-+  Off Topic Stuff
| | |-+  RIP Joe Morgan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIP Joe Morgan  (Read 682 times)
bklynmike101

« on: October 12, 2020, 11:43:33 AM »

Just saw where HOFer Joe Morgan has passed. What the heck is going on? Too many.  Angry

Had the pleasure of walking right next to him at Angels Stadium when permitted to walk the field right before an Angels game with my Little League son at a LL sponsored event.   
JoeC

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 12:23:24 PM »

For a little guy, his bat had lots of pop! Joe was born exactly one day before me in 1943. Also, his boyhood idol (at least one of them) was Nellie Fox.  So ... he and I had those two things! Seriously, a truly great 2B and sportscaster.

He and Rudy May went to HS in Oakland together. Rudy was considered the better prospect. Rudy did win 150 or so ML games but ...

Only med condition mentioned in the obit I saw was Polyneuropathy. Doc, that's not usually fatal is it? Several folks I've known with that condition had it as a side effect of Diabetes. Wonder if that was so with Joe.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 12:26:58 PM by JoeC » Logged
doctordoowop

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 12:26:04 AM »

Joe prob not the complete diagnosis. Neuopathy not fatal --maybe myopathy.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: