DOO-WOP/OLDIES FORUM - Welcome
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2021, 08:38:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION:
NO COMMERCIAL SITES OR LINKS TO COMMERCIAL SITES ALLOWED ON THIS FORUM. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SELL,
ie, CLOTHES, RECORDS, FURNTURE, ETC. DON'T DO IT HERE. THE URL WILL BE DELETED...  Mike Paladino
89183 Posts in 9677 Topics by 39 Members
Latest Member: doctordoowop
* Home Help Login Register
+  DOO-WOP/OLDIES FORUM - Welcome
|-+  OT - OFF TOPIC TOPICS :-)
| |-+  Off Topic Stuff
| | |-+  Trivia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trivia  (Read 2614 times)
doctordoowop

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2021, 05:50:10 PM »

Levi-obviously great guy--refused  to leave Tops  even tho Andantes did as much background as they did .  Stayedin Detroit-- refused LA. I know he sang lead on all hits-but every album cutvtoo? 

BTW "Turn to Stone" was  very popular in LA. Flip  of 7 Rooms of  Gloom or Bernadette?
Robb_K

Hopeless Nostalgist

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2021, 10:54:09 PM »

Levi-obviously great guy--refused  to leave Tops  even tho Andantes did as much background as they did .  Stayedin Detroit-- refused LA. I know he sang lead on all hits-but every album cutvtoo? 

BTW "Turn to Stone" was  very popular in LA. Flip  of 7 Rooms of  Gloom or Bernadette?
"7 Rooms of Gloom".  To me, "I'll Turn To Stone" was the "A" side.  Just like "Don't Look Back" was the "A" side for The Temptations, and "My Baby" was the "B" side.

JoeC

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2021, 07:20:58 AM »

So many great songs by the Tops.

VERY hard to name my favorite, but might have to go with "Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever" or "Bernadette."  

As a guitar player in a bar band in the mid-60s, I used to love to try to emulate the great Funk Brother Robert White's guitar work on the hard-driving "Something About You." (Robert also did the well known guitar part on "My Girl" by the Temptations.)  

Ivy Jo Hunter and Stevie. Did they write any other songs (other than Loving You Is Sweeter ...) together?

« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 08:46:22 AM by JoeC » Logged
bklynmike101

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2021, 12:57:16 PM »

"7 Rooms of Gloom".  To me, "I'll Turn To Stone" was the "A" side.  Just like "Don't Look Back" was the "A" side for The Temptations, and "My Baby" was the "B" side.

I'll Turn To Stone has always been one of favorites. Definitely had some run on NY Top 40. 
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: